boxy

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmastime




We are ready for Christmas Day and are enjoying the Christmas season. I have been trying to fill my time with worthwhile things and have found that I have spare time like never before. My hopes are to become aware of the needs of those around me...including my kids and husband. My kids had so much fun decorating this year. It seems in the past I end up decorating or fixing what the kids have done. Their ages are so much fun. They were dividing up the decorations and remembering to spread them out. They do the advent calendars all by themselves. They know that Allie has the even days and Savanah has the odd and they actually figure out if they've missed days. I am enjoying watching them. It makes a mother's heart full. I can't wait to go to the Belagio to see the flower display and to Ethel-Em for the decorated cactus garden. My very most favorite activity is driving around to look at the lights on the houses. This one house has choreographed their lights to a radio station that only works in front of their house. It is amazing. I've been to see it 4 times. Even Spencer is asking for the 'dancing lights'. Merry Christmas Everyone!

3 comments:

Ingrid said...

Merry Christmas Holly! I am amazed every time I see your cute kids, they seem to have grown every time you add a new post. I hope you had a great Christmas together.

Jori said...

I can't believe Savanah is baptized!! What happened to our 3 yr old preschoolers??? I love your hair it is super cute! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

The Merricks said...

You cut your hair Holly, I love it! I am glad you guys had a great Christmas.