boxy

Monday, May 7, 2012

Iron Girl Las Vegas

I participated in my first Iron Girl yesterday. I really enjoyed the triathlon set up. Once I got sick of doing one think, it was off to the next. The part that made me nervous, was the swim. If I wanted to try to be competitive, I'd have to train in a lake rather than a swimming pool! Clear, heated water with visible lines to guide you to a straight swim, vs. murky, 67 degree, wind whipped water with people swimming all around you... I was ready to swim, but not necessarily ready for having to swim with my head out of the water, due to the temperature, or looking up every 2 strokes to make sure I was still going in my desired direction. I loved it though. I'd defiantly do it again!
Me riding into the wind. It was cool to have my family drive by right then. A real pick-me-upper!!
End of race when I saw my family again. See how happy I am!
Post race pictures with my amazing and supportive family!

2 comments:

Wilcox Crew said...

You are amazing! Good job- I am so impressed!!

Jori said...

Wow Holly! You are a super star!