boxy
Tuesday, January 1, 2013
9- Patch quilt
This year my sister asked if I wanted to make a 9-patch friendship quilt with she and her friends. The finished size would be a lap quilt. I declined the invitation, but it got the wheels in my head turning. I wanted to make a King, scrappy 9-patch. One of the reasons I love quilting is the history of it. As I sew, I think about the women who saved pieces of table cloth, clothes... anything they could get their hands on to hand piece scrappy amazing quilts. I dug through my stash and pieced together every odd fabric I had. Ashley got excited and sent me a few blocks. My mom sent me fabrics, My mother-in-law and her sisters sent me fabric. A sweet sister in my ward let me cut 3 1/2 inch strips from any fabric from her stash, which is extremely extensive!!! The quilt ended up so SCRAPPY and amazing. I was excited to see KC's reaction when I gifted it to him. He didn't let me down!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment