boxy

Friday, June 21, 2013

Allie Turned 8... in January :)

Better late than never!? Beautiful Allie turned 8 in January. We went skiing on her birthday. She was baptized in February. She had to share her baptism weekend with groundhog day, Superbowl, and KC's 40th birthday. She had a ton of support at the baptism. Her teacher from school even drove up from Denver to be in attendance. One special person wasn't able to come. Auntie (and boys). So we decided to send her to Auntie for a weekend of fun. She ended up getting stuck there due to the biggest storm we'd had all year! I missed her terribly with the extension of the trip, but she came back safe and sound. She said the flight made her so scared, but she did it. I'm so proud of Allie. She is so funny and brave. She loves to sing and dance. She is taking Gymnastics and improves each week. She is currently on her 3rd week of swim lessons to perfect her strokes. It has been brilliant! She is LOVING her new skill set in the pool and shows me all of the new things she is learning. Allie is very musical but HATES practicing new songs on the piano. Once we've struggled through them a few times, she is fine, but the first few practices after lessons are much dreaded! I hope she'll stick with it. Meaning, I hope she doesn't wear me down too quickly, I really think she has a musical talent!

1 comment:

The Merricks said...

Love all the new pictures! I can't believe Allie is 8. I will just always remember her as one of my little nursery babies.