I was introduced to shopping with coupons late in January. We were moving, so I was slow to get into the grove. I am now having SO much fun saving money each week, and watching my pantry/food storage grow. In fact this morning KC said "I think we need to go buy you a deep freeze." Does that cancel out all of the money I've saved? I wanted to share one of my best examples of saving by doubling up a sale with a manufaturers coupon: This is just one of my transactions at Walgreens last night. The Huggies wipes were on sale for $6.00 a package, if I spent $25.00 on participating items, the register would spit out a $10.00 coupon for my next purchase. So I got 4 wipes and 1 Kotex item. I had $5.00 coupons for each wipe, and .75 coupon off the kotex item. That darn tax of $2.00 doesn't showcase my savings as well, but I spent $8.35 on all of those items and got a $10.00 voucher. (some people consider that getting paid to shop smart!)

Here is my total purchase (6 transactions, 5 $10.00 vouchers later). I spent a total of $62.43 and saved $135.53. Using no coupons or sales (which I woudn't have ever done) my total would have been just unter $200.00. WHAT A DEAL! And let me tell you, Spencer is going to have one clean bum!
1 comment:
You are a genius! How did you manage this? Do you just get the coupons from the paper?
Post a Comment