boxy

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

December-at a glance

We have had so much fun this month, I'm not sure why I only have a handful of pictures. Sometimes that is how it goes. Also, if I am at an event with a furry of enthusiastic photographers/moms, I tend to tuck my camera away. Kids need to enjoy the moment sometimes without a 'smile' or a pose to distract them. I guess this is a pet peeve I wasn't aware of until just now!
This is Allie at her Preschool Christmas Party. Miss Jenn is her AMAZING teacher. I got their nativity play on video, but this is the only other shot I got of the festivities. Miss Jenn reading The Night Before Christmas. Allie has LOVED preschool and has learned so much from Miss Jenn. I am confident she is ready for Kindergarten next year.
My mom and dad took advantage of $25 each way flights for a quick December visit. It cost them just over $100 to get here from Logan. It was such a fun visit. I think we all know how busy this time of year is, plus my mom and dad both work. This picture is at Lucilles BBQ at the District. It is one of our favorite places. Their mac and cheese is to die for and with 3 little hungry ones, we go where they are happy! I am so thankful for my mom and dad!
We have been baking up a storm. I made toffee and peanut brittle and fudge for my very first time. They all were delicious! We Mitchells seem to be famous for our pumpkin maple cookies. I was frosting them as fast as I could yesterday while Spencer was taste testing them. I thought it was funny how he lined them up after each taste. I think Spencer will like his 2nd Christmas!
Finally, Gingerbread Houses. These kits from Sams Club were excellent. Savanah was able to decorate hers all by herself. KC must have deleted the picture of Allie with her house, but while I helped with the frosting, she madly put candy all over her humble abode. It was a fun memory. In the past I decorated the house myself because the kids were too young. I know every year I say "this is going to be such a FUN Christmas! The kids are at FUN ages" but I have said it again this year. My kids are loving the magic of the Holidays this year. They are gaining an appreciation for all that we have. They are PUMPED to see if they ended up on the nice list. They are focused on the one item they put on their list and can't wait to see if there are any surprises from the Big Guy up North. Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

Jori said...

Cute pictures! The other day I was thinking about walking the Aliante trail with you a couple of days before Christmas, and talking about how excited we were. I thought that was so much fun. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Let me know when you are off track again and I will meet you some where.:)

Ingrid said...

Looks like December was busy and lots of fun. I am looking forward to catching up with you sometime this month. We will come to you!