boxy

Friday, June 4, 2010

4th Annual Dance Recital

We just had our 4th Annual dance recital. I was able to reserve the Whitney Library. It is in an interesting part of town, but the stage and dressing room were the best I've ever been able to get. I love teaching dancing. The girls had so much fun! I can't wait for next year.
Savanah and Allie with their flowers. I always envied the girls who got flowers at the end of the recital. Don't they look beautiful!
Here is Savanah doing 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' It was her idea to do a hula dance. After a luau last year she knew we needed to figure this type of dancing out. The girls always said, "Miss Holly, my hips are tired".
Allie is getting ready for her hip hop dance. This girl knows how to jam!
Some of the highlights: 1. Teaching my daughters. I can't think of anything else more cool than being your daughters dance teacher and having fun with it.
2. The 2-3 year olds. At first I frequently asked myself "what have I done???" But they grew up and their attention spans grew and they were in some ways, the highlight of the show. So brave and cute and funny.
3. I really enjoy using my creativity to make up a dance and costumes. I am grateful for these talents and also thankful for the moms who aren't critical. I'm no professional!

No comments: