boxy
Sunday, September 25, 2011
BCH Swim team
Savanah tried out for and made the BCH (Boulder City Henderson) Swim team. I have a hope and dream that all of my kids will find something they love and are naturally gifted at. Swimming may not be that thing forever, but right now it is fitting the bill perfectly. I had to do some parental manipulation/encouragement, to get Savanah to try out for this team. But after she made it on in front of 30 other swimmers, she was hooked and so intrinsically motivated. I am excited to see this to the end! Which may be a long way off! The other day I saw KC & Savanah on line looking up Universities in Montana (Where Savanah is bound & determined to live some day), to see if they had a swim team and a strong Veterinarian or Marine Biology program. How is my 8 year old this focused and driven?

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
She sounds like Britt!!! Britt is going to Cal because it has a great swim team, a fabulous law school and a fun theater dept. It's so fun to see them focused (even if it changes over time). Congrats Savanah!!!
That is SO cool! Of course she is a little fishy, she could swim like a champ when she was only two. :)
Post a Comment