boxy

Friday, October 3, 2008

More new house photos

Here is Spencers room. KC said "don't you want to paint Spencers room too?" Oh the guilt!!! But... so much to do, so little time. So I decided to paint half of the room. The bottom stayed the color of the entire house (which was all freshly painted recently), and the top is a smoky blue color. I was WAY worried about how this grand idea would turn out. I am a HUGE fan of taping, but I have seen negative results with the paint 'bleeding' under the tape. So at Home Depot, I saw the tan tape (don't use it, it is cheep but bad news), blue tape (which I used for the ceiling and the entire girls room, more expensive but worth it), and green tape called Frog tape with a guarantee not to bleed. I tell you what, the $12.00 roll of Frog tape was worth every penny, NOT a single bleed on the whole straight line. I am so proud I did this all by my self!
Here is where I had to put my food storage. I don't think I even have enough to get us through 3 months let alone a year, but It looks like TONS and TONS of food when it is in this little closet organized like I am OCD about my food storage. Well, maybe I just am!

I love this house. There are a few things that are worth complaining about, but there are so many more wonderful and happy things, that I just don't see the point in mentioning the negatives.

1 comment:

Wilcox Crew said...

I can't wait to see the new house in person! Oh, and Bryce will be VERY impressed with your paint lines, I'll have to show him the picture:)